Sunday 17 June 2018

Wow! I have been A.W.O.L for too long!!

Wow! I cannot believe how much time has flown by! My goodness, where do I start.....

As a lot of you may remember, or not?! September 2017 I started university!! Eeeek!! I could not believe it, me going to university!! Doing a B A (Hons) in Textile Design.

I am so pleased and happy to say that I have completed my first year! That literally passed very quickly! I have loved every minute and cannot believe that a whole year has passed!!!

What have I been doing?? Oh, my!! LOADS!!! Ha ha creating my own fabric designs!! Print screen techniques on fabrics, heat press techniques on fabrics, Lino printing, mono printing, free motion embroidery, hand stitching, drawing, painting, mark making, essay writing, knitting, machine knitting, various fabric manipulation techniques, flocking, designing and generally having a wonderful time!

I set up an Instagram page as a kind of visual reference for myself to help me remember what I get up to! Feel free to go check out what I get up to whilst at university ..... HERE Lots of photos too!

Something interesting I did throughout the year was to take photos of my desk space...









Quite funny how it's constantly changing.

Oh yes! There is another place where you can view the projects I have done too ....... HERE please go see what I have been up to as I have really enjoyed it all.  |If I had to choose |I think the Gift Project has to be the one I especially liked doing as I saw my print and designs on actual items!! Surreal moment!

I have had such a great time, here is me and my helper Sue in the dye lab.... Sue is amazing, she is basically my physical needs aid, and to be homest I would not be at university without her help!


lol this is what happens in the dye lab! ha ha



And here is Boris, my pack horse! I use him every day to get around university.



Here is another photo, this one is of one of my peers, Amy, she is such a kind hearted individual .... oh and she loves pink!



Other news.....

I am still stitching for Hands Across The Sea Samplers as one of Nicolas model stitchers, I absolutely love stitching reproduction samplers.  Bringing a small part of the past alive again is rather special and I am enjoying my journey with HATS.  I have updated the TAB on my blog with the new samplers I have stitched.

I have the summer to draw, creat and stitch then its back to university in September.

Sorry for staying away for so long....




34 comments:

  1. So lovely to read how things are going, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in I have missed writing blog updates.

      Delete
  2. Well hello. Good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in, I am very happy to be back!! :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful update! Your desk area looks like it is always evolving and in a state of change. You are looking good and are thriving with your coursework. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in to see me, yes! I am loving every minute of university. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful to see youe desk ever evolving...your journal/ideas book expanding 😆 so good to see you having such a great time. Love your fish series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh these are the 'tidy' photos of my desk!! ha ha Loving every minute and cannot belive how quick the time flies when having fun! Oh yes! I love my fish too, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. Jacquie I am so happy to see a post by you. I am so proud of you! YOU are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vickie, its so nice to catch up with everyone again! I am so pleased I decided to go to university, I am loving everything!! I hope you are well, I am so sorry its been such a long long time. xx

      Delete
  6. So lovely to see you hare again. I too don't blog much anymore!I still follow you on IG and really enjoy it there. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks😊 yes I too love instagram, it’s quick and easy to post things 😊

      Delete
  7. So lovely to hear from you. Congratulations on completing your first year. Your changing desk looks very intriguing - you have been up to a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you are back. What amazing finishes! Hope to read more about your textile and stitching adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful update!So lovely to see you hare again.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)