Thursday 15 September 2016

What's in your bag?

Hello friends.... Thought I would share something that is important to me when I am stitching.... Probably to you too? 

So the title of this post is "What's in your bag"? Curious? No ha ha I am not going to be showing you the contents of my handbag! But I dare say that may be rather funny, see I have some odd things in there that you would probably not expect! Ha ha 

I want to show you what's in my sewing bag... Well my most current project bag...

I keep my sewing in a nice big bag, so it's kept all together and clean, this bag, incidentally Han bought it for me for my birthday this year 😊


It's long enough and wide enough to hold a large frame if I decide to use one... Also has a zip top, essential for me as its added security knowing nothing will fall out! 

Onto the frame... Now I have tried many over the years and the one I keep going back to is the q snap or R&r frame as they are known here in England. I have all the sizes and switch between them regularly. I know a lot of Stitchers use the millennium frames, oooooh yes! I would like to try one, to see if I like using it.  The q snap is my favourite because it's light weight, not sure how heavy the millennium frame is? 
Here is my tiny frame I like to use when stitching small motifs...


Oooooh and look what's behind!?  It's thelittle project bag I use to keep small essentials in!  It's a wonderful Blue Ribbon Designs project bag... I adore it 😊😊😊 I like things that help me in what I am doing, they also need to be comfortable too. I use clip on magnifiers, who ever invented these, amazing! When stitching on 40 count linen they are a must!! Oooooh scissors... Well for years and years I used the gold stork ones everyone is familiar with.  Then I was introduced to sajou scissors.... Oooooh! They are beautiful, I only and I mean only use them for cutting threads and silks.  They cut like a knife sliding through butter... And the little square book like thing at the front is a little needle case... Lol we all need needles! 


Talking of needles, now I still after all these years stitching have no clue on what needle to use for what fabric.  I just don't understand the sizing of them all.... So what do I use or do I bet your wondering? I use what fits for me! I don't like using thick needls, I test them on the fabric I am using, if it makes the whole bigger it's not right.  The needle I am currently using is loved! Not sure what I would do if I lost it? Not sure where I would get a replacement from as I have no clue what size it is!! Here it is...


Yes!! The out of shape one on the right! I assure you it did start off its life straight! I guess with my "smoking hot fingers" ha ha it's bent?! Ha ha oh no wait, see I am useless,,,, it's smoking hot needle isn't it? Ho hum?! Anyway you get the picture! Ha ha 

And threads... Currently I am using Avas silk threads.  I keep them all organises in little bags, with a card in each one with the key off the chart that corresponds with each troll colour.


That is pretty much what I keep in my bag! Well there is also the chart and stitching but I cannot show you either of those as its the stitching I am doing for Hands Across The Sea Samplers! Soon!! I would love to know what you keep on your project bags...

Ooooooh yes!! My otter box for my iPad turned up... It's very safe! I shall get Han to take some photos for my next update.

Happy smiles to you all 😊😊😊

13 comments:

  1. You have a very organised and tidy bag Jacquie!! Just had a glance at mine and it has cut off thread ends, peppermint tea bags, empty zip lock bags (I ate the nuts that were in them!!) Think I need a clean out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You out me to shame, Jacquie! Way too organized!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rather like you Jacquie. I have my favorite scissors and my favorite needle. ;) I like organization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post to read! Like you, I like to be organized. I actually have 2 bags (one for stitch group and/or sit 'n stitch at the LNS and one for retreats). Each one has scissors, needles, light, q-snaps, magnetic board, needle minder. All I have to do is drop in my latest project or a number of project bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaquie: What a wonderful post: I use petit needles, I like them because they leave the hole the same size no bigger holes.
    I use all kinds of threads and bag them as you do, except the DMC they are in plastic boxes, I have several project bags which I love due to everything is together.
    I have a scissor collection, vintage and new, love your Sajou's they are lovely.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaquie: I forgot to tell you I am I love with my Q-Snaps, if the fabric gets loose I put the soft side of Velcro on the frame and then the fabric and then the snaps, I too use clip on magnifiers.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really organised bag. And I love the design on the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very organised. I have one bag for large projects and a smaller one for smaller projects and I keep them both ready so I can grab and go. Love q-snaps, have all the sizes and some extenders so i can make pretty much any size I need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing what is inside your bag. It makes me realize I need to invest in a good pair of stitching scissors. I think that will be my Christmas present to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great! I don't have a project bag but I should get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so organized! I'm trying to go through my stuff and get it in better shape. I also need a good clean-out of things I will probably never use!! I want to have mine as neat as yours!! It's all looking good! And I love those Sajou scissors!!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)