Friday 24 March 2017

What have I been doing?



Hello happy smiley friends 😊

I have to tell you all I am still really excited!! About what? Being accepted into university!!!! Eeeeeeeek!!!!! It's explained in my last post in case you missed it! Yippppeeee! Me a student! 😊

I have lots to share with you all.... I am still stitching but cannot show you it yet! Soon!!

I guess I should start with the wool flower at the top? I wanted to create something with colour and oozing happiness, a mat of sorts to go on my desk when I am not using it.  I had some wonderful charm square packs, and thought about how to use them.  Having never used them before I knew it would be interesting what ever happened to did! A challenge!! 😊

Here are the charm packs, my lovely husband jon has been buying me them as he thought they looked nice! I love them!! 


I decided to use the Moda Bumble Berries one.... Nice bright happy colours 😊 Put with some of my fabric from my stash and some Moda wool...

This is what I came up with!! It's before I stitched the flowers on. 


The finished mat....


I backed it with a raspberry motif fabric, I think I bought in IKEA! Love idea!! 😊 My mat has a place....on my desk!! More on my desk maybe in my next post 😊

I will stay with wool as I seem to of made a few things with wool lately! Hmmm I have Rebekah L Smiths wool Applique folk art book and love the designs in it.

I made an adorable bunny in it first.... I made the pattern smaller and oh yes! Changed the colours! Ha ha just like me!! 

Yes! I made a green toned bunny!  Why not?! 
Before stitching...


After stitching and made into a cute pin cushion....



Then I decided to make something a little more challenging.... With lots of bits... Fiddly with the scissors!! 
Again I made it smaller and changed colours slightly.


I love wool, it just feels really lovely to work with and I really enjoy creating with it.

I did sort out my art box, see I was going to go along to a local art club... Cutting a long story short, it appears I was not welcome to join the group! Han says I don't need them! I will find another group.


Ooooh yes!! More on that pencil case in a moment! 😊

I cheered myself up with a happy doodle picture....


Back to wool for a moment.... I have had this Design from Primitive Gatherings called May Basket Welcome Banner in my stash for some time now.  I thought it would be nice to actually make it!! Ha ha so that's what I sent out to do! I got as far as cutting the design out and placing it, using fuse and bond it's all stuck down in place too.  All I need to do is stitch it....here lies the dilemma! I was thinking to try and match the colours of the wool and stitch like that.. Then I had another thought to just stitch it all with black? Hmmmm perhaps not! Sounded alright in my head, but now I have put it on paper I don't like that idea much at all! Ha ha guess I will be colour matching! I will use anchor threads probably as I have a fair few of them I don't use for cross stitching now.



So I should hopefully have an update on this next time! 😊

I am sure I share these with you? Appologise if I have.... Here they are if not!! So I joined some time ago now Kathy Schmitz One Stitch Club and every month a new design is released to stitch. The blue one is the one I stitched and the red one is the one Kathy Schmitz stitched!! Yes!! THE actual design Kathy Schmitz did!! 
And I bet your all wondering how I got hold of that?! Ha ha well..... I stitched up this moths design the quickest and posted it in the group.  As a kind of reward I received the one Kathy stitched!! How awesome right?! 
I was thinking and thinking what to do with them both and then it came to me! I needed pencil cases, so that's what I made! Or rather tried to! Zips!! Another new challenge for me! Omg! Tricky!! 


Here they are...



I love them... I managed to line them too... Very pleased with myself 😊

I have done more creating!! I think my sewing machine missed me!! 

It's almost Mother's Day here in England so again I thought what could I do.... A kind of basket my mum could use to put her wool in when she is knitting. Great plan!! Then I thought about adding a little simple mum motif.

Before stitching....


I made the basket then I just wanted to see exactly how much it would hold... A lot!! 


I made a tiny little one too, forgot to take a photo of that! I know my mum loves them as I have already given them to her! See I bought her favourite chocolates too.... Maltesers in those little red boxes, and I put them in the basket.  I had to keep moving the basket around, away from our radiators as I was afraid I would melt them! So instead of giving her melted chocolate I gave it to her a little earlier.  She really liked them and I know she is using them too!! 

Here is a photo of my mums one and two others I made! Ha ha for me! I liked them too! They are surprisingly really quite large and hold a lot.

Oh but I did not stop there!! Han loves bees so I made her one too!! 


They are multiplying all over our house! Ha ha 

I just wanted to share a few things of what I have been eating....tried something new, corn tacos filled with mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, grated carrot and onion.  It also had a light mixed herb dressing on.  Tasted really good and I liked the crunch of the tacos.  Different, light and nice 😊 nice one Jon for thinking up that one!  


I also love Heinz vegetable soup, it's my go to food when I am feeling poorly and bored with food as I will always like this! 
Everyone here thinks I am odd! Well rather it's odd how I eat it! Ha ha I eat all the liquid first...


That leaves the yummy vegetables to eat last! Mmmmm


Nothing odd about that? Just the way I enjoy my soup! 

Ok.... I am pretty sure your all bored of me and my photos now! Until next time.... Keep smiling 😊😊

15 comments:

  1. How exciting for you to attend University and I love all your beautiful projects. Yum on the food pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting you are off to University!! Good on Jon for coming up with another food idea for you. So many beautiful projects happening at your house, love the baskets, was a great idea for your Mums wool. Well done with the pencil cases, I always have problems getting the lining, top fabric and zip in line together!! Your Welcome work looks great, lots of those kind of applique pictures are done in black thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you will be studying at University. I am so proud and happy for you and of you! I love all the new things you made! It;s unbelievable that you were not accepted in the local art group!Their loss!But so so bad!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have certainly been busy! I love those baskets! It seems you can turn your hand to any craft and it is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Jacquie! You have mastered so many new skills! Wow I am impressed very much! Beautiful. Just like you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your projects are so lovely!!! It seems that you can do anything you decide to do!!
    I particularly like your green bunny! He is just precious!
    Your tote bags are so fun! (Did I send you that bee fabric?? I have some myself, but I'm thinking I sent some to you! Or someone!!! haha) I think of you when I see Bee items!
    So happy you'll be at University! I enjoyed my time in school, both a long time ago and recently! Such happy memories!
    Glad to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely projects there. The table mat is so vibrant. You have been very busy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many projects and all are so beautiful! I especially love the baskets, they are so pretty and useful. You should post a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely projects. I love the mat you have made; a great way to use spare material! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your projects! The colors make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaquie: What a lovely post, thank-you for sharing with us.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who said you have to eat the soup a certain way. You can eat it any way you want to enjoy it. Love all you crafts and too bad for those fouls who did not let you join their art club. Their lost not yours. You do amazing stuff, I love it all, bunny and baskets. Big hugs form me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy, everything looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness Jacquie! You have mastered so many new skills! Wow I am impressed very much! Beautiful. Just like you.♥

    āļ•āļēāļĢāļēāļ‡āļšāļ­āļĨ

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, I will say thank you for such a wonderful article.
    slotxo

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)