Tuesday 31 May 2016

Thank you...

I am so so lucky to have such lovely blogger friends, thank you everyone for your comments on my last post.  I was so scared writing it, wondering what all of you would think... I have a lot of support and everyone is so kind, made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside! 😁

So thought I had best pop in and give you all an update... Hee hee or you would be thinking I had disappeared again?!

Han and Kevin were cat sitting over the bank holiday at my parents as they went away for a break.  So we planned to start with David Lloyd and the swimming pool today.  Bet your. Thinking I have come up with some excuse?! Ha ha no!! We actually went! Han is going to try to take some photos tomorrow to show you all.

It was such an effort getting changed, I had an end goal....to make it to the water!! And I am pleased to say I did! Oh my! Let me tell you, it was AMAZING!! It was a little tricky getting in the water but once in oh, I bobbed about and the stress floated away from me.  It was so relaxing, my lower back felt like there was nothing wrong with it!   My knee hurt if I moved it any way but straight, but after feeling the owe a few times I stopped moving it in every direction! Han was with me and helped me move about until I was confident.... She was looking after Bob for me! My wheelchair if you don't know! Lol

It was the first bit of exercise I have done in such a long long time, moving my arms, my legs... Just felt so good.  Well I guess it would after being trapped in one room and bed for so long.  After the pool, oh, getting out took longer! I made it though! Han wheeled me around to the sauna! What a treat! We both sat chatting in the sauna! It was so nice, warm and lovely! The time passed so quickly, I did not want to over do it on my first visit so we headed out after about just over an hour... It was enough for now. 

Hmmmm getting dried and dressed is an awful experience and left me out of breath, gasping for air with hardly any clothes on! Thankfully Han came to my rescue! It literally took half an hour to get dried and dressed!! Han wheeled me out to the foyer and we sat in the cafe for a while, I drank iced bottled water and reflected on our visit.  Even sat chatting then I still felt calm and relaxed...we both are positive about the coming days.  Although Han says. I may hit a low point when in pain, but she said she will help me through it as she wants me to enjoy the pool and water.

I am at home now, I am hurting! Well I knew I would be, but oh my!! Not sure I thought it would be this bad! But now I know the benefit of floating and relaxing in the water...I AM GOING! 

I wanted to share with you all that I went and it was great! One day at a time is my new motto! 

Thank you all for being so so lovely 😊

Until I next pop in...with photos!  Lol
Keep smiling 😊😊😊

20 comments:

  1. Hooray for you. Each time it will be easier. Would it be easier to put your swimsuit on at home and maybe wear a simple house dress over it as well as after swimming to wear the house dress home? I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did wonderfully well! The hardest part is getting started and you did that. You should be proud of yourself. And a toast to the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. slowly a few days it will improve then a few weeks and OMG you won't know yourself.......exercise in water is great as you have no weight..........go girl........

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG!!! Glad it was therapeutic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Jacquie. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the pool in spite of all the pain. Good luck for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you!!!! So glad you went and got in the water...must have been such a fantastic feeling for you!! Hopefully it gets easier for you each time!! have just started water aerobics myself so can relate to what you are doing in a way!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Take care of yourself.....slow and steady.....and what a caring, compassionate daughter you have. Looking forward to hearing more.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to hear that you had a good experience at the pool! Thank you for telling us about it!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. HANNAH, YOU ARE A FANTASTIC, SUPER DUPER DAUGHTER!!!
    Jacquie, way to go! I agree with Gracie. Find a way to simplify things a bit. You are awesome and worth it Jacquie. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you enjoyed it this first time!I am sure you will enjoy it even more in future after you go more times!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first step is the most important and you did it great!
    You will enjoy it more and more and it will be good for you, I'm sure... well done!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Jacquie! The first step is always the hardest and now it is behind you. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! I am so pleased that the swimming worked out well. The Sauna sounds great too. Maybe you should get a hot tub installed at home?
    I like Gracie's idea of putting the swimsuit on at home, then you can have a little rest before you go out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Jacqui. Awesome news. I'm sure it'll get easier as you get a routine worked out too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! "Glad you were able to go to the gym. Slowly though or you will injure yourself. Take care and know we are cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to read your news, Jacquie! Don't give up.. As Dory says, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." and everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job, I hope you continue to go to the pool.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that is such great news to read. I love your daughter Hanna. A good kind compassionate girl. She sounds wonderful as I'm sure all your family around you are.I hope you can continue with the pool activity. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Good for you! Han is so sweet to be there for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on getting to the pool. The first is the hardest so it will be easier and easier. You are so lucky to have Han! You did a good job with her!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)