Saturday 19 September 2015

Could not wait to make it....


Well I was thrilled to receive my subscription copy of Quilt Now in the post today... And ooooooh a freebie to make too!  Pin wheel coasters.... A challenge!! Excellent!!

Here is the magazine... It's issue 15.


I got started straight away... Sorted all the bits and opted to hand stitch.. Well it's was a case of having to hand stitch as I am still not well enough to sit at my sewing machine.

Here is what I did....









Added the backing and filler........ hey presto!! I actually made them! And I think I did a pretty good job seeing as they are hand stitched too.


I found the instructions easy to follow and learnt a lot too.  I mean stitching the squares together wrong side and then cut into 4... Perfect triangles! Awesome! I used a lot of the other freebie gifts from the magazine to help me too, as you can see in my photo.

My mum just popped round and asked me where I bought them from! Ha ha. I to,d her I just made them! She loves them and wants some now! Guess I am going to be busy!!

Onto my next project....

Smiles to you all :)

8 comments:

  1. They look great! You will have lots of commissions soon. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jacquie, is a beautiful and cheerful washer!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Looks great. How fun to make some for your mum also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out nice! Someone like me could make them because I'm an amateur amateur at quilt making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project! They turned out great. I hope you're doing well.
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jacqui, they looks amazing. They would make nice Christmas gifts in Christmas fabrics for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coasters look great...well done..yu could be makng lots more!!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)