Saturday 27 September 2014

What am I stitching on?!

Hello friends :)

First of all I have to say a HUGE Thank You from Jon for all of his happy birthday wishes yesterday.  He had a wonderful day and has heaps of sweets and chocolate to last him a long time! hee hee

Well I have been stitching.... in fact I have stitched a fair bit more on my wonderful pumpkin design...

Here it is...







I love how its coming together :)

You may be a little curious to know what I am stitching on?  I bet you have all taken a closer look and just wondering what it is?! ha ha

Well its not aida or linen... in fact I am not quite sure what it is! ha ha Really!!  See things a tough for us, have been since Jon's accident and well... sure I have 'some' bits of fabric in my stash.. not that much and I like to 'save' those to use for making gifts to send out to people.  I know there are a lot of people that only stitch on linen and or aida but me... well its a case of have to try other fabrics.  And to be honest as you all know I love a challenge and stitching on different fabrics is quite good fun!  Take this one I am stitching on now... it fits my criteria to stitch on... it has squares and holes!  I appreciate that some of you out there would be horrified ... I accept that, that is why when I give things out I stitch on the 'real' stuff!  And besides I think the pumpkin design looks quite good!

Happy stitching to you all! :)

More tomorrow :)

9 comments:

  1. Jaquie: I like the look of this fabric, I am sure many many years ago they did not have aida or the type of linen we use today so I think you are a very smart lady and willing to try anything.
    Bravo for you, I love the pattern, it is so sweet.
    My Mother in-law stitched on kitchen towels did cross stitchs and the patterns were lovely.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stitching up beautifully and looks quite "country". So glad your husband had a great birthday.Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooo I like it ... still trying to think which one it is ...lol and the fabric looks like a coarse calico linen ... did you get it from the works ?? as I have something very similar :) enjoy experimenting too ... we didn't have the posh stuff in the olden days :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't matter what the fabric is, it looks fantastic!!!! Somehow it looks perfect for the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great whatever it is Jacquie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching - and the fabric - look GREAT! I'm a little behind on keeping up with my bloggy-friends and missed Jon's birthday. Please give him my best wishes.
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumpkins are amazing:-)
    I feel your love for embroidery:-)
    Your experimenting with fabric I like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's very thrifty of you to experiment with other fabrics, and besides, if it looks good, who really cares? :)
    So glad Jon had a lovely birthday. Best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's an evenweave of some kind but I don't know what!!
    Your pumpkins look lovely on it.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)