Saturday 30 August 2014

I have such lovely friends.....

I thought today was going to be one of those days... you know where everything is a blur and passes by so quickly.

I could not of been so wrong....

It all started when the postman knocked on the door, now this is unusual as letters go through the letter box so he hardly knocks... unless there are packages.  Yes!! A package!!  And wait... it was for me!!! eeeeeeekkk!!! 

So yes you guessed it... off I went jumping up and down up the corridor doing my happy dance!  I am so pleased we have nets up!  ha ha 

I love post... as if you did not guess!  This was special post ... the post mark was USA!! Eeeekkkk!!!  How wonderful I thought :)

I have a wonderful stitching/blogging friend ... Frances from A Symphony Of Stitches.

I have been following Frances's blog from nearly the start and I was lucky enough to win her first ever giveaway too... Frances is such a lovely person.. I comment regular on her blog and we have become good friends.  She pops in here regular too and I love her comments! :)  Oooh yes go visit her blog as she has just adopted the most cutest cat from her local shelter... its adorable.

Here is the lovely package Frances sent me...



I could not believe it!!! The bee fabric is something I really loved on her blog!  Its adorable.  A little note book with my initial.. I popped straight into my hand bag!  Some cute purple buttons and 2 lovely Prairie Schooler charts I simply adore.



Look!!! And the most cutest Prairie Schooler bee chart too....



The postman dropped it off and I loved it all so much I started to create something.... Look I stitched the bee!



A close up...



So then I had some lunch and thought what to make it into... came up with this...
Front...



Back...



I had so much fun making this.. Thank You so much Frances!  Han loved it and has now claimed it!!


I just wanted to mention that I have seen the very sad news that Debbie Faris Bryant has died... my heart goes out to her family at this time.  

She popped in on my blog and we chatted a few times and were friends on Facebook too... many people knew and liked her.... she will be missed.

Such a sad day.

Thank You all for stopping by to see me..

Smiles xx

9 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you got your package! And, Wow! You stitched that so fast and it is SO CUTE!!!
    I LOVE that finish! I may have to steal that idea and try it!! Your little pillow is absolutely adorable! GOOD JOB! And I'm glad it has found a place with Han and she can enjoy it!

    How very sad for you to lose a friend~we need all the friends we can get! Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely mail. And a lovely little finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Jacquie, you are a speedy stitcher! I love your gorgeous finish. I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy to lose a friend. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bee-tiful finish!! :)
    I love the fabric.
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous gifts! You are quick Jacquie! I love what you have made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a wonderful package from your friend and I LOVE what you made! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created such a beautiful cushion with your parcel contents, very bright and cheery.
    So sad when I learnt earlier of Debbie's passing, she was such a lovely lady and friend to a lot of us stitchers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finish - can't believe how quickly you stitched up that bee and whipped up a pillow! Very sad news about Debbie, she will be truly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are a super woman...getting stuck into this straight away...and such a beautiful finish too.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)