Thursday 5 March 2015

Long long long over due.....

Hello my happy wonderful friends...

Are you all wondering what is long long long over due??

Oh my!!

I do feel awful for not telling you all sooner about a truly wonderful kind hearted person.  So I will do my best to tell you all now....

Whilst I was in hospital, if you are not aware of this, it was from the 21 St January to the 7th February and I was so so very sad in there.  I was there because I had a seriously severe flare up of my osteoarthritis in my left knee.  I was in so much pain, the doctors were trying to find some suitable medication to control this.  

Now and then when they could my daughter and parents would visit me.  On one particular day they brought me a package... Oooh my eyes lit up and I thought wow for me!!  I was so happy, and then when I opened the package and pulled out the contents... Unwrapped from the tissue.... I started to cry.  Oh these were happy tears!! I was overwhelmed that someone would send me such a lovely gift.. Really just when I needed cheering up... Such good timing!!

And I bet your wondering what was in the package??

Here look...


It's the cutest little bunny I have ever seen... And do you all want to know what I called her??  I called her Hope.  For a few reasons really. When I was in hospital, Hope made me feel everything was going to be ok and I would get out soon.....I did!!

And now at home, bed bound as I still cannot straighten my leg or weight bear or walk on it... Hope is with me..


Hope is there for me... She gives me hope that my leg will get better soon...

I would like to tell you all who this wonderful person is that sent me Hope...it was Julie  :). Her blog is juliesstitchingjournal.blogspot.co.uk  I am ever so grateful to you for sending me a gift.  I will take care of her and cherish her for a long time.  Thank You xx

Whilst I am here I would like to show you all an up date of my current stitching project... 

If you don't know what I am stitching, it's a wonderful Blue Ribbon design called "Five Houses Of Hope".  I am using DMC threads and 18 count Aida I hand dyed myself ..... And yes I am very proud and happy and hmmmm amazed at the wonderful fabric creation I made! 

Here is where I am on my stitching journey so far...



I am so so pleased with my progress...let me tell you all its such a joy to stitch.  Stitching this really really makes me happy, I am over the moon that I am actually stitching it now.

So I hope your all happy and enjoying what ever you are doing?  If not, I am sorry and please feel free to take one of my smiles :). And I hope you feel better/happier soon.

I am now going as I feel I have taken up enough of your time...

Thank you so so much for popping in, lovely to see you :)

Happiness and smiles to you all :) 

Xx

14 comments:

  1. Cute post :). Off topic but which dye did you use and how long did you keep it in for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never feel like you are "taking up my time". I look forward to checking in on you daily. Wishing you many happy days and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't ever feel you are taking up my time either, is lovely to read your blog and see how you are going and maybe one day borrow a smile!! Hope is lovely and your stitching is going so well....you will be finished in no time!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the little rabbit I thought yes that was the sweet Julie what a lovely thought .
    Love what you are working on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope is so very precious. How very loving of Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you're back home! Julie is a wonderful lady I got one of her bunnies years ago and I still cherish it!

    You BRD piece is coming along in leaps and bounds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un mignon ourson,cette broderie est superbe ,j'adore particulièrement ce style.
    Merci de votre visite sur mon blog.
    Bon rétablissement pour ce genou,j'ai le même soucis aux deux genoux!
    Belle xxxxx et doux week end
    Bizzzz

    ReplyDelete
  8. take care of hope and she will take care of you and you will get better soon. love your stitching, it's coming along very nice. I am sending you love and hugs. Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet bunny!
    Your stitching is lovely--can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gift from Julie. Such a sweet bunny and great name "Hope"! Beautiful progress on Five Houses of Hope. It's looking so pretty. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Jacquie, we are so sorry to hear that you have been in the hospital and have been in so much pain. Jacquie, we are sending warm wishes and positive thoughts that you will get better very soon. Your stitching is absolutely exquisite ! You're doing fabulous work with the "Five Houses of Hope" design. We really enjoy seeing your lovely talent !
    Hugs and blessings to you, from Marina and Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi jacquie, It is very nice to meet you. I have fought weight problems all of my life and even after a successful surgery of gastric bypass, I still gained most of the weight back. I cross stitch for therapy also. I love to quilt and sew too. hope to get to know you better! and get well soon! hugs, and happy stitching, queeny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much love xxx
    Your Hope stitching is growing very well.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)