Monday 31 March 2014

Monday 31 st March 2014...

(Borrowed from Google Images)


I can hardly believe that today is the last day of March!  Goodness it has passed quickly.  April brings the dreaded April showers here!  Hope the rain stays away as the UK has had its fair share recently.  But most of all April for me is a happy time... filled with new things... you know like plants shooting, trees budding and I think it is an amazing time everything coming to life.  And being April that means Easter!! Yes I love Easter if you had not guessed! 

Easter has so much to offer... pretty bunnies and chicks!  Chocolate and so much more!  

Well  I have made another egg to go on my Easter tree... changed the colors a bit as I had got a little carried away with orange!

The front..
The back...

I liked making this one... I thought lilac/purple and green went fine together.... what do you think?  Ha ha I do make this up as I go along so its a case of hit and miss really!

And my tree...

Just a few more to make... and 3 for friends to whom I am doing a Easter egg tree decoration swap.  I love the fact no matter what I put on my tree it looks great!  The simplicity of all the different colors coming together... love it!! Its Easter!! :)


I have something exciting to tell you about..   well its exciting to me!  I have joined a SAL for Halloween!! ha ha  How very exciting is that!  I know its almost April and here I will be stitching Halloween things! Most exciting! 

So now I have to get my thinking cap on as I have never stitched a Halloween project!  I know that just sounds all wrong so hence why I joined the group!

The group is called.... 

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014


Here is the LINK to the blog if your curious ... or want to join!

So the themes are these.... yes I have missed January, February and March... I will be starting at April.  If I do have time at some point I may well go back and stitch the months I am missing..

THEMES FOR 2014

January - Free choice
February - Vampires
March -Witches
April -Owls
May -Monsters
June -any freebie chart
July -Pumpkins
August -Ghosts
September -Black cats
October - Trick or Treaters
November -Bugs, insects or spiders
December -Free choice

Its looks really exciting and I am starting to stitch my April Owl today I think....  so I will post updates :)


I may well post more later.. today is a pretty much lazy day here ... just like another Sunday!   

Until later... smiles to you all...

I am back!! For an update!! :)

For the 

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014


this is what I am doing....


Well I searched all my stash and books and could I find a Halloween owl?? NO!!! ha ha as it goes I dont have any Halloween goodies either!!  Only little charts found in some magazines. So I thought why not design your own!!  Yes why not!! That is what I am doing now!

Now I have an idea... whether it works or not we shall see!!

Here is what I have stitched so far....


Its on linen... my new favorite fabric to stitch on and I believe I am making a owl Halloween pin cushion! ha ha I got this idea from when I did my Christmas one... but the Christmas motifs were from magazines...

here in case you missed it!...


I enjoyed the concept, you know fill a box!  So I thought with the Halloween design I am making it would kind of be similar.  I may even do a repeat pattern.. not sure.  I will see how it goes and how I feel when I have filled one box!

Its all very exciting as I have never done anything myself like this.... ha ha I have no idea what my owls are going to look like yet!  If they even look like owls!!!  

Your just going to have to pop back to see! :)

Right off to bed as I am in College tomorrow doing Maths.. then its a whole 2 weeks off as its Easter half term!! Yippppeeeeee :)

I will do more stitching when I get in from college.. 

Smiles to you all! 

:)

8 comments:

  1. Aww looking so sweet..
    Enjoy your day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Easter egg...you will have a lovely tree. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely words for Rosie Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toutes mes excuses encore,je n'ai pas vue que tu avais un blog,sorry
    Quelle fraicheur et joie de vivre!
    Ton arbre de Pâques est admirable.
    Je te souhaite une bien beau mois d'Avril.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovey Easter egg!!
    Waiting for see your owl!!

    Hugs x
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your second Easter egg is even better than the first one!!! :) So cute!
    Can't wait to see your Halloween owl... I love cute little owls
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!! Thank you ALL so so much for commenting on my blog :) I am so pleased you like my eggs... and I am loving my Easter tree this year.
    I will be working on my Halloween owl design and in a few days hope to have it stitched up ready to share with you all :)

    Smiles and sunshine to you all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for advertising the SAL blog, it seems quite natural to stitch Hallowe'en in Spring to me LOL. Obviously I am behind in commenting so I have seen your owl now so I will pretend I haven't and say "looking forward to seeing your owl" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol @-Jo! Your post made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)